Monday, March 28, 2011


Okaaaay! I have a need-want-really-really-want product right now.

As I have just bought a travel size Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Light - which is supposed to arrive today (hopefully she wasn't a bogus seller ='l), I am now down to the next one on my need list: loose powders. Hmm, I really don't have a need list - but I do know that the loose powder I own doesn't fit the bill - or any bill, to be exact. It's local, two shades lighter, not translucent, and not fine at all. So, the next thing I might buy - unless someone can buy it for me - is a good loose powder. I need two: one for mattefying and oil-control - that's for myself and future oily-skinned clients, and one that isn't mattefying - you know, normal powder, preferably HD for photoshoots. I have five to try, namely:


1. Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder




One of the best-review loose powders out there. Tested on the underside of my hand, and it was very fine indeed. I don't think it can control my oil that well, but it is a great setting powder for that natural look. Going to test it on my face tomorrow, along with MAC Prime + Prep, to see which is better.




2. Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder



Also one of the best-review setting powders. This couldn't probably hold off my oil that much, but I have my eye on this for photo shoots and the like.




3. MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder




Yep, great reviews as well. Again, I don't think it can win against my oil for long, but still. And I'm a MAC fan, so that alone makes me want to see how well it can perform.




4. Make Up For Ever Super Matte Loose Powder
This caught my attention while I was reading reviews on the HD Microfinish. Apparently this is a great mattefier - something I am badly in need of. Going to try this probably on Sunday, with the HD Microfinish.




5. E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

Now this one, like E.L.F's primer, I'm willing to give a shot because of great reviews, and an even better price tag. For just $6 - which would cost just around P500 ($11) here in the Philippines, I'm more than willing to shell out a few for something I'm pretty sure I can use, if not totally love.


.....................................................................................................................................................................


I hope MAC doesn't win this, haha. I really want than Laura - for some reason it calls to me. Weird. Anyway, at some point I might just end up buying all of them, but the first one I will be having is the one that can control my oil best, will not cause me breakouts, and have that natural, non-cakey look and feel.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 Spines and Bristles.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.