Friday, March 25, 2011


And now that I'm finally caving and craving for a liquid foundation, I find myself in dire need of an oil-controlling face primer. As I have oily skin (I'd say very, but I'm not sure how much the additional adjective entails), liquid foundation will disappear after some how many hours on my face. As i have no idea what the best face primer for oily skin is, I  ,of course, Googled and found th five possible candidates.



1. Urban Decay De-Slick in a Tube Mattifying Gel







2. Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer Light







3. E.L.F Mineral Infused Face Primer







4. Too Faced Primed and Poreless Face Primer







5. Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer





... Right now I've got my eye on UD's De-Slick, but as it costs give or take P1500 on pre-order, I'm thinking if I should invest on it now, or just save up and get one around May (What?! Almost two months??). I really want to give De-Slick a try, because as far as I've read it has the best oil control against others. The bad side is that I see a significant number of breakout issues amongst reviewers, plus the value - it really is quite expensive at $28/20mL.

Another one I'm eyeing is the Smashbox Photo Finish Light - the Photo Finish Primer meant for oily skin. I also read great review about this, although again, breakout issues and price - $36/30mL pump bottle and $16/15mL squeeze tube. However, since I just saw a multiply seller selling this (the 15mL travel size) for an awesome P650, I'm more than willing to try it; my currently cheapest-prices-at-multiply-seller priced it at P1100, so I'm grabbing the P650 if it's still available. Although, the reviews for the Bronze Photo Finish Primer is way higher than the original or Light; if Light works well on me, I will get Bronze as well.

The E.L.F. primer on the other hand, is only $6, so I'm willing to give it a shot, since those who tried it say it's a good primer as well. I thought if it isn't going to work on me, either I'd sell it, use it on my clients and my sister, or wait until she likes make-up enough and asks for it, haha.

Too Faced's primer is at the bottom two of my prospective list, because I don't read a lot of "great for oily skin"  reviews, although one blogger recommended it for oily skin... along with De-Slick. Hahaha. Besides, I'm a wee bit partial to UD - they already have a great reputation for primers.

Now MUFE's HD primer, I really want to try because it's MUFE and it also has good reviews, but I have my eye on the top two, so this is just at par with TF's

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 Spines and Bristles.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.